University property, and personal property can be taken from offices very easily. Many times this is because we become complacent. Be aware! Be attentive! Never showcase your office, your property, or the University's property.
- Close and lock your office when it is not occupied.
- Encourage your co-workers to lock their offices.
- Lock your desk, file cabinets, locker, etc.
- Put your valuables away at night.
- Consider having office hardware secured.
Have a representative of the UMHB Police Department conduct a security assessment of your office.